There are a variety of injuries that can occur in Illinois nursing homes, as well as similar Illinois health care facilities such as hospices, retirement homes, and assisted living facilities.
While some of these injuries are unavoidable, others frequently are caused by instances of nursing home abuse and/or nursing home neglect. Nursing home accidents also happen, from which a broad range of injuries, many serious, occur.
Types of nursing home injuries are various, and range in severity. These injuries include:
- Nursing home falls
- Prescription and other pharmacy errors
- Errors in the administration of medications
- Bed sores (also called bedsores, pressure sores, pressure ulcers, and decubitus ulcers)
- Cuts, scrapes, bruises and other skin-related injuries
- Broken bones
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Injuries from sexual assault and abuse
- Injuries from physical abuse, including fights and other assaults
- Injuries involving wheelchairs
If these injuries happened, nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect may have occurred. Please contact the Chicago nursing home abuse lawyers at the Elman Law Group, LLC to receive a free legal consultation. Tony Elman, an experienced Chicago litigation attorney, is available to discuss the situation and determine what legal recourse exists.
Tony Elman can be reached at (773) 392-8182. Call at any time.
Elman Law Group works on a contingency basis. Clients never have to pay legal fees unless and until they receive a monetary award.